Мир Автомобильных навигаторов

Мир Автомобильных навигаторов (http://4pna.com/index.php)
-   SAS4WinCE (http://4pna.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   SAS4WinCE - Sattelite navigation with PNA (http://4pna.com/showthread.php?t=6256)

v_max 24.07.2010 21:42

SAS4WinCE - Sattelite navigation with PNA

This topic created specially for english speaking users of SAS4WinCE
Please, excuse me my English, it's not native for me, you are welcome to correct my mistakes.

Note, that most of screenshots and links (and even some parts of text) are accessible only for logged-in users.
So you may need to register to see all.

SAS4WinCE was inspired by [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]> In a few words SASPlanet allows to download sattelite images from various sources and place it in cache on local PC. The cache have very simple and strightforward tiles structure mapped to file system. Wow, that's what I need for my PNA! But I also need some PNA software to navigate with this Sattelite images.
So, I started my project in January 2010 and now I can offer you very intuitive and friendly navigation application for Windows CE based on cache downloaded by SASPlanet and just copied to SD card.

SAS4WinCE was created specially for OFF-ROAD navigation, where one don't have any chance to use internet connection to use online services. Just use offline cache and GPS. SAS4WinCE do not suppose any routing capabilities which are senseless when you are off-road. Instead it have point-by-point navigation.
And I take care to keep waypoints and tracks compatibility with OZI Explorer. Just in case one would like to share it between two applications.

[[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]>

WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS (PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY BEFORE START)

ALL INFORMATION, SOFTWARE AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". AUTHOR HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.

AUTHOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTY AS TO THE CONTENT, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR SERVICES. AUTHOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTY THAT THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS CAN BE CORRECTED.

AUTHOR ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR SERVICES WHICH ARE REFERENCED BY OR LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE.

IN NO EVENT SHALL AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, DATA OR REVENUE, RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS PRESENTED, DELAYS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INFORMATION) WHETHER OR NOT AUTHOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

THE DOWNLOADING AND USE OF ANY SOFTWARE OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THE WEBSITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER HARM THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH ACTIVITIES.

INSTALLATION

Prerequisites:
1. You need ARM based WinCE PNA or PDA with GPS or even GPS enabled windows Smartphone.
2. If you are using PNA you need to have it unlocked and have ability to or start explorer
3. Some of PNAs may have truncated version of Windows CE missing ImagingFactory component which is required for this application. There are some [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]>
Use download link at the end of this page to download package archive.
Unpack this archive on PC.
Create directory for application on PNA storage card.
Upload the content of the archive to this directory.

You should have something like this (SDMMC - is flash card name in my PNA)
\SDMMC\SAS4WinCE\SAS4CE.exe
\SDMMC\SAS4WinCE\SAS4WinCE.cfg
\SDMMC\SAS4WinCE\CACHE
\SDMMC\SAS4WinCE\images

Now you need to check GPS port number and path to cache directory in config file SAS4WinCE.cfg
This is text file you may open it and do changes with notepad on PC and then upload changed version
to stoage card.
By defualt cache path points to \SDMMC\SAS4WinCE\CACHE
If your storage card is named NOT "SDMMC" or you installed program in other directory you need to change
cache directory path in config.

CACHE directory contained in package is empty. You SHOULD put there something to start with program
You may just copy cache content from SASPlanet cache, or may try with [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]>
BarBoss67. Note that this is demo cache and it contains only few levels of lowest zooms and only few sources
of maps. For real use you need to download cache content with SASPlanet application on PC and then use this cache
with SAS4WinCE

ОК. Now we ready to start.
Go to desktop and start explorer. This is important to start program from desktop as PNA shell may not support
full required set of shell functions. Desktop (windows CE shell) provide complete set of required functionality.

Go to directory on storage card where you copied package content.
This directory contains 4 exe files which are built for different devices.
Even if your device have ImagingFactory it may lack support for alphablending api.
So there are different builds for devices with different capabilities.

SAS4CEPPC2003.exe this one is for PPC2003 and may be used on almost any PNA starting from PPC2003, and CE4
(most of this old devices are missing alphablending api).
SAS4CEMIN.exe - this one is for CE5 missing alphablending.
SAS4CE.exe for CE5 and CE6 with alphablending support
SAS4WM.exe and one for WinMobile 5.x or 6.x with alphablending.

Try one which as you think best match your device. If it do not start or says "Not valid Windows application"
try the previous one (one which is listed before in above list)

TODO: FAQ

SAS4WinCE is free for noncommercial use only. For commercial use, please, [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]>

Цитата:

[[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]> LAST WARNING! DO NOT UPLOAD THIS SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTIVE TO ANY THIRD PARTY SERVERS OR TORRENTS.
If any copy of this software V2560 or greater will be found in public domains then obligatory registration procedure for this software will be added immidately in next build

DOWNLOAD: for ARM processors use latest version from [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]>
MIPS build is available upon request.

v_max 26.07.2010 21:14

How to run SAS4WinCE without imaging.dll

If your PNA is missing imaging.dll
Check for it in \windows directory at your PNA filesystem, Note that explorer may NOT show system files by default, Go to Menu - View->Folder Options and uncheck all checkboxes to make hidden files visible.

If you do not have imaging.dll in \windows directory of PNA then
unpack this archive to the same directory where you installed SAS4WinCE.
This archive contains required dlls and Run_SAS4WinCE.exe script
which will register ImagingFactory component and then will launch SAS4WinCE application.
So, just run launcher script instead of running application directly.

ImagingFactory launcher script [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]>
ImagingFactory launcher script [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]>

v_max 31.07.2010 20:28

How to prepare cache for SAS4WinCE with SASPlanet

SAS4WinCE can work with unpacked cache with the same file structure as SASPlanet
create by default. Cache copied to storage card from SASPlanet cache directory
is OK... but it might be to big to fit on storage card in PNA.

To avoid this problem you can use export feature of SASPlanet, to export only
area of interest from required sources in a certain set of zooms.
But ofcourse, you need to download this areas in this zooms from this sources first, to have
data in cache to export

Let's start our guide through cache preparing from selecting main map layer in SASPlanet on PC
Скрытый текст (вы должны зарегистрироваться или войти под своим логином):
У вас нет прав чтобы видеть скрытый текст, содержащейся здесь.

Next step is not required but very useful.
SASPlanet can show the existense of tiles in it's cache for selected source and zoom.
Just select source and zoom you want to download and you will see on map what tiles are in cache

Now we can select areaof interest to download map tiles

After defining area to download tiles you will have the following popup dialog
All you need is to select source and zoom(scale) to download.
After current download will be complete, you can use previous selection option to download next zoom of the same area.
You would need to repeat this downloads for each source and each zoom you need.
It might be usefull to change settings for fill showing (as we did in step 2) for each new source and zoom you download,
so you may see what tiles of map are actually downloaded, and what are not.

When all neccessary sources and zooms will be in cache you are ready to start with export.
Use the same previous selection option to wake up dialog, but click on Export tab in it.
You need to select sources and zooms you wish to export (of course, from ones you already downloaded ) and select directory to export.

Last step is to copy files from export directory under CACHE subdirectory on PNA.

asio 18.11.2010 22:07

Hi everybody.

Hi everybody.
I am Alexei from Bulgaria.
I am sorry for the language but I only can write in english and bulgarian:o.
I find SASWiin CE is very interesting program. At first I try sasplanetj from here [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]> The reason I am writing here is because I have a problem and I want to please you for some help.
So here is what I mean:
1. I download the files
2. Extract them and start it on WM 5.0
3. It starts OK
4. The GPS is also OK - it gives me my coordinates
5. and here appears the problem - it is trying to show me an image that does not exsist in the cache - for example the screen shows me white screen with writing "sat\z13\2\x2338\1\y\1751.jpg" while in cache I have
sat\z13\2\x2327,2328,2329,2330 and 2331 but not 2338--- or if I have this folder for other zoom than I don't have the next one of the path to jpeg.

I try to make the cache folder many times using sasplanet (pc version) - moving map in small area of my place, changing zoom changing maps source and ...everything - but it wan't create the folders or jpegs that SASWiin CE is trying to load on screen.
So please give me some help guys:pivo:
Many thanks.
Alex

v_max 19.11.2010 06:40

Цитата:

Сообщение от asio (Сообщение 116206)
Hi everybody.
the cache - for example the screen shows me white screen with writing "sat\z13\2\x2338\1\y\1751.jpg" while in cache I have
sat\z13\2\x2327,2328,2329,2330 and 2331 but not 2338--- or if I have this folder for other zoom than I don't have the next one of the path to jpeg.

First download all you need with SAS for PC
Big SAS requires to perform download for each zoom of each source separatly

SAS for PC have function in menu to show what tiles are actually in cache.
So you can check what you actually have in each zoom in each source
As it shown here
After you select zoom, SAS will highlight areas which have tiles at selected zoom.
Thus you can check what you realy have and what you do not have.

Next .. the simplest way is just copy the whole cache from sas on pc to flash card.
(or limit this to subdirs which match map sources you need)
Export operation as it described [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]>
only some region. Note that if you do export you need to select checkbox for each
zoom and each source you need.

Unlike SAS on PC which do resize of tiles from other zooms when tile is missed in current zoom, SAS4WinCE do not do resize and just show you empty square with tile path in it.
So if you have any doubts you can check missing file actually presents on your flash card.
(or in source cache ja big cac wherefrom you copied files)

When you will have success with unpacked cache ... then you can try
packed one as described [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]>

Цитата:

for example the screen shows me white screen with writing "sat\z13\2\x2338\1\y\1751.jpg" while in cache I have
sat\z13\2\x2327,2328,2329,2330 and 2331 but not 2338-

This only means that you have in cache files for other region then one you are currently browsing
with sas4wince... or in other words you do not have tiles in cache for region you are trying to browse with
sas4wince

asio 25.11.2010 12:08

Цитата:

Hi everybody.
I am Alexei from Bulgaria.
I am sorry for the language but I only can write in english and bulgarian:o.
I find SASWiin CE is very interesting program. At first I try sasplanetj from here [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]> The reason I am writing here is because I have a problem and I want to please you for some help.
So here is what I mean:
1. I download the files
2. Extract them and start it on WM 5.0
3. It starts OK
4. The GPS is also OK - it gives me my coordinates
5. and here appears the problem - it is trying to show me an image that does not exsist in the cache - for example the screen shows me white screen with writing "sat\z13\2\x2338\1\y\1751.jpg" while in cache I have

I try to make the cache folder many times using sasplanet (pc version) - moving map in small area of my place, changing zoom changing maps source and ...everything - but it wan't create the folders or jpegs that SASWiin CE is trying to load on screen.
So please give me some help guys:pivo:
Many thanks.
Alex

Hi again.
I resolve the problem. It works and it's a great toy for a big boy... Realy great app.
After downloading the four exes I put them on the sd and start everyone of them. Maybe that was the mistake. I fix the com port in config file - it is com4 on my pda. After that I start one of the exes and it shows my my coordinates but the program is trying to lo load jpeg wich I don't have in the cache folder. I follow the path of the jpeg using sas for pc and guess what - i am in Africa. I think it was a kind of bug.
After that i delete the SAS4WinCE folder from sd, download it again and copy only sas4wm exe and the other staff from zip. Other 3 exes I o not copy to the sd. Start the program and everything is OK.
So I would like to say a big THANK YOU for the great app.

v_max 25.11.2010 12:27

Цитата:

Сообщение от asio (Сообщение 117748)
After that I start one of the exes and it shows my my coordinates but the program is trying to lo load jpeg wich I don't have in the cache folder. I follow the path of the jpeg using sas for pc and guess what - i am in Africa. I think it was a kind of bug.

SAS4WinCE shows coords in status line even if it is marked as invalid by GPS receiver.
(when it's invalid coordinates are in red color)
But till it is invalid application do not lock it's position on map to this ccordinates. It uses last known VALID position.
In your case there was no last known valid position, so last known valid position was 0,0
This is somewhere in Atlantic near Africa coastline...

When GPS fix become valid (coords in status line in black color) application lock map position
to it coordinates.

On the next start application use saved last known position (from laststate.cfg file)
So it starts to show map at position where you turned off application.

Guess you wasn't patient enough to wait untill gps will fix a valid position.
This can take a lot of time (or even do not happen at all) if you play with GPS inside building.

asio 25.11.2010 21:27

Цитата:

Сообщение от v_max (Сообщение 117750)
In your case there was no last known valid position, so last known valid position was 0,0
This is somewhere in Atlantic near Africa coastline...

Guess you wasn't patient enough to wait untill gps will fix a valid position.
This can take a lot of time (or even do not happen at all) if you play with GPS inside building.

How it can be: no last known valid pos. - but with my coords. and 4-5 green sats on the " gps monitor" (the circle with sats on the main screen) - however it,s OK now and it's great:best::best:

patient enough ?? play with GPS inside building ---:):):) you should ask my neighbours or my wife they all think I have a kind of problems in my head, to stay out in the cold looking at my phone:shock::shock:

v_max 26.11.2010 06:33

Цитата:

Сообщение от asio (Сообщение 117838)
How it can be: no last known valid pos. - but with my coords. and 4-5 green sats on the " gps monitor"

Green sats means used in taking fix with GPS receiver.
But GPS receiver in addition to coords gives flag denoting is fix valid it or not.
(the state of this flag shown with color of status line on the bottom of screen
red = invalid, black = valid)
GPS can give coords pointing to your location but mark it as invalid due to
small number of sattelits or due to low signal/noise ration from satellites it used in fix.
While it is marked as invalid then application do not lock to it.
After GPS fix becomes valid you can press "center to gps" buttone
(one with 4 arrows) to center screen on you location

asio 27.11.2010 20:16

Вложений: 2
Hi
Thank you for moving posts here. I realy don't want to make a mess in your forum. So please excuse me (you and other guys).
I want to ask you for some help again:o
The problem is with that zeroes (the photos) - I cant understand what are they for? The one in the green rectangle from second picture is odometer(as shown on the headpost but the others???
They dont disapear with the butonns(first picture).
The problem is that some buttons are under them and I cant see it.
I try to remove them by correcting config file like this -- #odometer=-118,-53,true (remove)---- #odometer=-118,-53,false (remove)
but they still stay on the screen.

v_max 27.11.2010 20:40

Цитата:

Сообщение от asio (Сообщение 118171)
The problem is with that zeroes (the photos) - I cant understand what are they for? The one in the green rectangle from second picture is odometer(as shown on the headpost but the others???
They dont disapear with the butonns(first picture).
The problem is that some buttons are under them and I cant see it.
I try to remove them by correcting config file like this -- #odometer=-118,-53,true (remove)---- #odometer=-118,-53,false (remove)
but they still stay on the screen.

Odometer is now removed at all.. its replaced with terratrip... something like odometer but much more
flexible and complicated..

Thre are 2 independent terratrips in this config.
One is on top right
and other is on bottom right.

Terratrip itself is not something visual on screen.
Each terratrip is a set of counters which counts time(T) and distance(L)
Each terratrip have 3 states stopped, count forward and count back
depending on button you pressed...
The set of counters includes T and L counters for each state.
And even more... there are 2 copies of each of this counters. One for current part of way and one is cumulative for all your trip. The only difference between this 2 sets is that 'current' you can clear with clear
button and 'cumulative' continue counting untill you wake up special dialog to clean it's values

So ONE terratrip have inside the following counters

currentLfwd
currentTfwd

currentLback
currentTback

currentLstop
currentTstop

cumulativeLfwd
cumulativeTfwd

cumulativeLback
cumulativeTback

cumulativeLstop
cumulativeTstop

This is primary values from which some other can be calculated

currentLway = currentLfwd - currentLback (distance passed on your way)
currentLmove = currentLfwd + currentLback (distance in move)
currentLtotal = currentLfwd + currentLback +currentLstop (total distance including one when terratrip was stopped)

currentTway = currentTfwd - currentTback (time on your way)
currentTmove = currentTfwd + currentTback (time on move)
currentTtotal = currentTfwd + currentTback +currentTstop (total time including time when terrtrip was stopped)

And the same set for cumulative counters

cumulativeLway
cumulativeLmove
cumulativeLtotal

cumulativeTway
cumulativeTmove
cumulativeTtotal

Here is formulas for speed calculations

currentVfwd = currentLfwd/currentTfwd (average forward speed)
currentVback= currentLback/currentTback (average backward speed)
currentVstop= currentLstop/currentTstop (average speed when terratrip was stopped)
currentVway= currentLway/currentTmove (average speed on way)
currentVmove= currenLmove/currentTmove (average speed in move)
currentVtotal=currentLtotal/currentTtotal (average speed including stopped time)
currentVmax - (maximum speed by GPS)
currentV - (current speed by GPS)

And again the same set of cumulative values

cumulativeVfwd
cumulativeVback
cumulativeVstop
cumulativeVway
cumulativeVmove
cumulativeVtotal
cumulativeVmax
cumulativeV - (the same as currentV )

Well ... what you see on screen is a set of terratrip buttons and displays.
Buttons are images and displays are texts only...

At the end of .cfg file you will find 2 [terratrip] sections
with buttons positioning and displays positioning... and also some extra parameters..

Config of terratrip is quite flexible and allows to build as a simpliest odometer as a very complicated
device sutable for rally pilots ;)

Here is a [[Ссылки могут видеть только зарегистрированные пользователи. ]]> for different terratrips there

Oh yeah... If you do not need it .... just comment out the whole section of terratrip with it parameters
#[terratrip]
#name=mini
#imagesSubdir=ttmini
#autohide=false
##--terratrip buttons
#ttclear=-158,2,true,clear,tools
##--terratrip displays --
#currentLfwd=bigFont,-96,2,true
#currentTway=bigFont,-155,2,true,short
#currentVway=smallFont,-155,21,true
#currentVmax=smallFont,-116,21,true
#currentV=smallFont,-77,21,true

# - at the begining of line means comment
Most of things you do not need may be commented out.

asio 28.11.2010 10:38

Вложений: 1
Thank you again.:)
The problem is fixed.
One last(I hope) question:

When I try to open sattelite picture together with google map like this in the attachment, it only shows me map or sattelite separаtеly.:mad:
In the cache I have 2 folders - both & sat.
The sat fold. is g.sat and in the both are g.maps - Is this so? Or I should make another cache?
Or the problem is not in the cache?

v_max 28.11.2010 11:29

Цитата:

Сообщение от asio (Сообщение 118236)
When I try to open sattelite picture together with google map like this in the attachment, it only shows me map or sattelite separаtеly.:mad:
In the cache I have 2 folders - both & sat.
The sat fold. is g.sat and in the both are g.maps - Is this so? Or I should make another cache?
Or the problem is not in the cache?

There are 3 sources
SAT = Google sat images
MAP = Google maps
BOTH = Google hibrid map layer to place over sat images

So you need SAT and BOTH in cache to overlay hybrid layer over sattelite images
SAT and MAP are main layers... BOTH is overlay hibrid layer

In SAS4WinCE there are 2 buttons. One is to select main map layer..
and other is to select overlay hybrid layer.

So with map selection button you select Google sat as main layer.
And with layer selection button you select Google hybrid layer to overlay over main map layer

Текущее время: 17:00. Часовой пояс GMT +3.